Hope y’all are having a good week. It’s been a super busy one for me. While I’ve gotten to do some fun things, words can’t express how glad I am tomorrow is Friday! I’m looking forward to a much-needed weekend with absolutely zero plans other than going to church on Sunday. Anyways, since today is Galentine’s Day, I thought it was the perfect chance for me to share my tips on how to enjoy a relaxing girls’ weekend staycation. I love taking girls’ trips with my bestie, and we’ve traveled to four different states together (including North Carolina). As fun as those trips have been, I also have a blast simply enjoying a low-key girls’ weekend staycation. This is also super convenient, as neither one of us has a huge budget for travel (aside from our respective family’s beach places) at the moment.
Our most recent girls’ weekend staycation was just two weeks ago. Sometimes when we have a staycation we will go out and do some of my favorite local activities. But other times we just need a weekend to veg out in comfy clothes, with our biggest decisions being what to stream next on Disney Plus. This type of girls’ weekend is especially great for winter when the weather is blah and energy levels are low. So in this post, I’m going to focus on a girls’ weekend staycation that consists of staying in as opposed to going out and about.
(This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I will earn a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Thank you so much for your support of Palmettos & Pineapples.)
Favorite Things to Do During a Chill Girls’ Weekend Staycation
First off, here’s a few of my favorite activities to do during a relaxing girls’ staycation:
- Make a Starbucks run. I love to get Saturday morning started with a Starbucks trip to pick up a latte. Coffee is still a must even if I just plan to relax all day!
- Get Donuts for Breakfast. Sometimes my bestie and I will make a trip to the Duck Donuts for breakfast in lieu of going to Starbucks. There, I will grab a chocolate-frosted donut with sprinkles and a latte.
- Binge Watch Netflix, Disney Plus, and/or Chick-Flicks. This was the focus of then most recent girls’ weekend with my bestie. We watched “High School Musical The Musical The Series,” “Honey I Shrunk the Kids,” and “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody” on Disney Plus. And of course, this didn’t even scratch the surface of the offerings available there! Then on Saturday night, we watched a Hallmark Valentines movie.
- Watch Sports. Although my bestie isn’t as into sports as I am, she still willingly watches with me. On our most recent weekend together, we watched college gymnastics and a UNC basketball game.
- Order Pizza. This is one of my favorite girls’ weekend traditions. We order a large thin crust veggie pizza via Papa John’s delivery one of the nights.
Girls Weekend Staycation Starter Kit
Now that I’ve shared my top things to do during a leisurely girls’ staycation, I want to share a few of my favorite essentials for a fun girls’ weekend.
- Air mattress. I don’t have a guest room, and ever since I got my new couch I have preferred that people don’t sleep on it. So, I bought this air mattress from Amazon. I’ve had it for about a year, and it’s very user-friendly, plus all my guests have been happy with it. It comes in a convenient storage bag as well.
- Lilly Pajamas. Lilly Pulitzer pajamas are my newest loungewear of choice, and I wore Lilly pajama pants almost the entire time our most recent girls’ weekend.
- Sherpa Pullover. If it’s chillier, I pull on a cozy Sherpa pullover. The exact Sherpa I own is no longer available, but you can find an alternative here.
- Coffee Mugs. Even if we make a Saturday morning coffee run, I will still have more coffee later in the day (switching to decaf eventually). This Lilly coffee mug is also perfect for enjoying some hot chocolate while watching a movie.
- Snacks. This is an obvious girls’ weekend essential, but I have to mention it anyways. My favorite snacks to have on hand for girls’ weekend are Snyder’s Honey Mustard Onion Pretzel Pieces, Sun Chips, Harris Teeter Corn on the Cob popcorn, pimiento cheese, seasonal candy, and some Trader Joe’s treats.
- Fun paper plates. My bestie and I like to eat our delivery pizza off special paper plates. I bought several packs of the Vineyard Vines for Target paper plates last year with this in mind. In addition, I’ve gotten some cute Mickey Mouse paper plates at Target before as well. Definitely hit up Target for their fun paper plate selection.
- Cozy Blanket. A cozy blanket is a must-have for streaming shows or watching movies on the couch during the winter. My favorite style blanket is this fleece one from Lilly Pulitzer.
I hope that you enjoy this post, and that it gave you some inspiration for how to have a fun and relaxing girls’ weekend! It’s totally possible to enjoy each other’s company, have fun, and make memories without taking a trip or doing anything extravagant. Plus it’s a lot less expensive. What are some fun things you like to do during a girls’ weekend? And what are some of your favorite girls’ weekend memories?
Also, don’t forget that you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. You can also go to my homepage and subscribe to my blog. Also, if you know someone who would enjoy this post, please share with them!
Have a happy Valentines’ Day and great weekend!